Monday, January 28, 2013

5 Months!

 Oh my Charlie boy, how fast time goes! I love my little Charlie to pieces and he has made our family so much richer. He does at quite a bit more noise to our family at times, but also adds lots of smile and entertainment. Here is a run-down of Charlie John...
  • Breast milk 4 times a day (6 oz in a bottle if I'm working)
    • He does fine with the bottle now. He still uses the Dr. Brown's bottles, but I haven't tried to switch it up on him in a while.
  • Eating cereal and LOVING IT! I didn't start on cereal with Dylan until he was 5 months old, but I started with Charlie a little earlier. My milk supply hasn't been the greatest and Charlie seemed to be getting a little more fussy in the evenings (after he seemed to be better in the evenings) so I thought that some cereal could maybe hold him off a while longer so I wouldn't have to supplement with formula. I think it is working! He is eating between a 1/4 and 1/2 cup of cereal mixed with breast milk or formula. He tolerates it being pretty thick, which is nice because it is generally less messy than trying to feed him milk on a spoon.
  • Goes to sleep right after last feeding, usually 6:45 and sleeps until 7 or 8. Besides for a couple set backs in the last week, he is a great sleeper.
  • He rolls both ways and lately has really been enjoying time on his tummy. He is even starting to turn a little bit on his tummy and it would seem he is some how scooting forward in his crib. Not sure if it is because he is trying to get his little sleep/music toy or more likely just moving more throughout the night. 
  •  He's getting better at sitting and probably is happiest in this position with me behind him and a basket of toys in front of him (like the picture). He won't really sit propped up on his arms because he tries to grab for toys right away.
  • He has yet to find his feet and I wonder if that is coming or maybe he's just not interested?
  • Size 2 diapers and 6 months clothes.
  • He is the best giggler! He laughs when I tickle him and will sometimes even laugh when I make silly faces or play peek-a-boo. He can be so happy!
  • Lately he has been enjoying the jumper and the hanging in the door jumpy thing.
  • He has been soooooo good the last couple of days....I HOPE IT LASTS!!
Charlie is not the easiest baby, but I can just tell he is going to be my little lover. He loves his mommy and is a great cuddler. He makes me smile and laugh every day. 

No comments: