And this one! Its just been a crazy couple of weeks and it seemed like everyday I had off I was running here and there. I finally felt like I had a day where we I could just be home with my boys, and that is where the picture comes in...
Happy Boy!
Dylan loves his play dates with Averie and Bennett.
These brothers are going to be the best of friends...they might be already!
Silly boys. I love it when they get along...unfortunately these two haven't been getting along the best these days.
Its been way too long since I have really talked about Dylan. I cannot believe that in one month he is going to be two years old. But at the same time I can't believe he is only ONE!!
Dylan is our little buddy. There is no denying that he loves his mommy and daddy, and can be very shy with everyone else at times. There were definitely times when I thought he would stay a very shy boy and my encouragement to talk to others wouldn't help, but lately he has been coming out of his shell much faster with other people and letting other people enjoy him as well. The more he talks (and he never stops), the more I realize he really gets what is going on in this world. He can tell us his feelings, what he wants, what he doesn't, and tell me about his day! He can tell me what he ate for lunch, he remembers in the morning what I told him the night before that we were going to do that day, and he is amazingly good with names. If he doesn't know the answer to a question or doesn't understand a question, he'll repeat the question back to you.
Dylan is sleeping much better these days. He still occasionally wakes up, but usually a simple "go back to sleep" and a minute of laying on his floor is enough to get him back to sleep until 7-7:30. He is still a picky eater, but it his appetite seems to be a little better at least. His favorite foods are probably ultra thin home run inn cheese pizza, french fries, and hot dogs. Favorite condiment is definitely ketchup, but he is starting to like ranch too. He loves his new kitchen and often fixes us some chocolate milk and salad (yum!). It is adorable how much he adores Charlie. Charlie can snap him out of a bad mood 95% of the time. He loves giving him hugs, holding him, and always stops what he is doing to say good night to Charlie.
Dylan loves to dance (I attribute this to Jenny's dance parties), play on the iPad, and turn on the TV even though he is not the biggest TV watcher. Dylan loves to get his own way and may throw a tantrum if he doesn't. Some days it would seem Dylan would spend the entire day being carried around, just telling the person who is holding him where to go and what to get for him.
Dylan likes songs before bedtime and will request another when the song is over. He is getting pretty good at singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and often helps me sing it to Charlie.
There are days I want to lock Dylan in his room all day (when he is being super whiny and just wants to be held all day), but most days he is just a joy to be around and I want to give him everything he wants. He is so funny and sweet, and finds so much joy in making us smile and laugh. There are so many reasons I want him to stay one forever!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment