Sunday, May 15, 2011

Baptized at 3 Months

Today Dylan had a big day! He had his 3 months birthday and was baptized. A 3 month update about Dylan:


  • Still sleeping about 12 hours a night, from 6:30am-6:30pm. This past week he actually woke up in the 5s, whined a little and then went back to sleep. We haven't had to go in his room at night for over a month. I would say he officially was a 12 hour sleeper at 9-10 weeks.

  • Loves smiling, talking, and being talked to.

  • Still more interested in people's faces than in toys.

  • Brings hands together often now and then straight in the mouth, still only been caught a few times with just the thumb in there, but he's working on it. Still no pacifier.

  • He'll grab onto some toys (unintentionally I think) and then it occasionally goes into his mouth. I'll get a picture of this up soon.

  • His neck is pretty strong when he's up on my shoulder or in an assisted sitting position, but on his belly he's still not doing too many mini-pushups. He's working on his momentum to roll over I think. I don't think it will be anytime soon, but he has a little swaying going on. I'll give him another month on that.

  • Blows bubbles all the time, with lots of drool!

  • Bears weight on his legs...especially when he is mad that I'm holding him like that.

  • The eating has slowed down a little I think. Now when taking a bottle he's more around 6 oz instead of 7 oz.

  • Often, not always, turns his head to find me when I call him from across the room.

  • Still size 1 diapers

  • No longer fits in 0-3 months clothes, even 3 months are a little short; so mostly 3-6 months clothes now.

  • Naps 1-2 hours in AM, 2 hours after second feeding, and 30-60 minutes around 4:00.

  • Has been in the jumper a couple times, but he doesn't really know what to do in there. He likes sitting reclined in his highchair while watching us cook. And I'd say he's been in his swing less since he is napping a little better.

I think that's good for now!

So the baptism...It was a fantastic day, we couldn't have asked for it to go any better (well, I suppose the weather could have been nicer). We started off by Dylan getting a bath by his Godfather, Uncle Jonathan. And he loved it of course. Even Jackson was getting in there trying to help...or maybe trying to join him.

And he didn't even cry when he got out of the bath, which he usually does with us. Uncle Jonathan has the magic touch!


Getting all dressed up in his vest and bowtie.

And even got a little tummy action so Uncle Jonathan could button the back.


All ready for my nap before church!


Godmother Auntie Christine! Such a sweet picture. And he was so cozy in his blanket that Auntie Christine got him.


Dylan was a trooper throughout the whole service, he was awake the whole time and was paying attention with his Godmother. No crying from this little guy.


Daddy Dave has been helping prepare Dylan for this moment for three months during bathtime, so he was all prepared! He was a good sport.


He got his bib. Looking good!

And all the parents.




We love our baby! And we were so proud of him today.

Thank you, Jonathan and Christine, for being Dylan's Godparents. He is so lucky to have you two play such an important role in his life.


Grandma and her eighth grandchild.
The Staniak gang. Chase you'll like appreciate this picture when you're older.



Twins! Just 5 weeks apart...I think Brayden is catching up! Jackson, open your eyes! Such a cutie pie.

Papa and grandma Janet. Dylan is so loved!



Grandmpa, what a great picture! This needs to go up at work!

Uncle Matt and Aunt Michelle, always a pleasure seeing you two!



And the real troopers here! The WHOLE Connelly family, even with 4 day old Logan! I appreciate you guys coming. It certainly wouldn't have been the same without you!
And the Thommes family. What a good looking bunch.


Dylan's photo shoot...





4 comments:

Jen said...

Could Dylans photo shoot get any cuter?!? Happy Baptism Day Dylan. Glad we got to spend your special day with you!

Anonymous said...

I swear he looks a little like Blake to me. What a cutie. He was such a good boy! Happy 3 months, Dylan and Happy Baptism!

Kristen & Brad Hoffman said...

happy baptism day Dylan!
ps. I am so jealous that he sleeps 12 hours at night...you have to tell me your secret!

Connellys said...

We were so glad to be there - even with all our crazy kids! It was a perfect day with a perfect baby boy!