New this week, Dylan has been caught a few times sucking his thumb! Dave and I find this very amusing because both of us were thumb suckers!! I wouldn't say we are excited about this, as we both know first-hand how hard it is to break this habit, but it is just so darn cute when he's doing it! I've been pushing the pacifer even more this week so he'll take to that instead, but it doesn't seem to be happening. He will suck on it a few times, then as soon as I take my hand away he spits it out of his mouth. It is just so funny because he doesn't just drop it out, he shoots it out of his mouth. Maybe for next week I'll catch it on video. More Dylan updates to come for his 3 months birthday this sunday :)
My first Mother's Day...
What a treat! Dave surprised me with getting the house cleaned Saturday morning while we went to breakfast. I think my favorite part was the clean bathrooms...and kitchen floor. I think we'll still continue to do our own cleaning, but it sure was a nice little break. On Sunday, my family went to the Botanic Garden to walk around, see all the plants and such, and then had a delicious picnic. It was a beautiful day for it, turned out perfectly.
Here's my little Dylan in his stroller. I think I'll be very sad when I have to turn him around in the stoller...I love looking at him as we walk.
LOVED the time I got to spend with Dylan. It went by so fast, yet it feels like a lifetime ago that he wasn't in my life. I don't know how I got so lucky, and I don't know that I deserve such an amazing little boy, but I am doing my darnedest to appreciate every minute of it. Dylan has changed our whole lives...he has changed me. Never in my life would I say I was a morning person, but here I am, excited to jump out of bed every morning to go say hi to Dylan. The time I have spent with Dylan over the past weeks really kept me on my toes. I didn't think I would be the typical "new mom" but I think I was/am. Questioning everything I do with him, always worrying if I'm doing the right thing, just trying to figure things out. I don't think I have enough self-motivation to be a stay at home mom, I can let myself be pretty lazy. I know I will miss Dylan every day I have to work, but it just makes coming home so much sweeter. :)
And for all of those that stuck with me through all of the babbling, a little Dylan video. I have been trying to put Dylan on his belly at least three times a day...usually for around 5 minutes each. This week he has started a new move on his belly....I don't know who he's seen doing mountain climbers, but it sure wasn't me!
3 comments:
Happy 1st Mother's Day to you! I hope the transition to work went ok for you and that it gets easier every day. The botanical gardens looked like a lot of fun...and what a perfect onsie for Dylan!
Great post! You are doing a great job as a new mom and if you are a little nervous, people would never know (except when another little one wants to get in Dylan's face, hehe). He is a perfect little angel and what a blessing to have a baby like him for your first. Now let's hope all of your little Thommes's are just as perfect! :)
You are doing great!! You are a fantastic Mom already!
Post a Comment