Here's a shot of the bed that Carissa will deliver our third child in! I snapped it quick while Carissa was in the bathroom. Haley is due back in about 15 minutes to crank up the petocin to get things going more.
8:44 AM: Contractions aren't too strong just yet, so just sort of lounging around. Kind of nice just hanging out, no kids...anyways, people like pictures, so here's a shot of Carissa's contractions. Contractions on top, baby's heart-rate on bottom.
Hayley (correction on the spelling from earlier) just turned the Pitocin up to 6. Not sure what that means, but it goes up to 20. So, we're still easing into it.
And here's a shot of the patient, up and getting a little exercise!
9:04 AM - Doctor just stopped back in - he said Carissa is having some good contractions and that he'll check her again in about an hour. Correction from my last update; contractions on bottom, heart-rate on top. Doctor said he's looking forward to getting home for dinner, so we'll have the baby before then. I wonder what he's having...
9:53 AM - Nurse Hayley swears she knows me from somewhere, but she can't quite place me. I'm fairly certain I've never met her before. Anyways, according to Carissa, "things are about to get real here pretty soon." Doctor is due back in a few minutes to break her water. Epidural will happen pretty soon as well.
10:45 AM - Contractions are getting more painful. Carissa asked Hayley for the epidural. Hayley returned to tell us that the anesthesiologist is tied up for the next 30 minutes. Eeeeckk!! Let's hope these contractions don't start getting more painful and more frequent. We might have to call a reliever anesthesiologist from the OR!
11:18 AM - No update; just sitting here...
11:25 AM - There's some drama with other patients and the operating room, tying up the anesthesiologist. So, we wait.
11:58 AM - Anesthesiologists will be busy until at least 12:30. No water breaking or epidural until at least that time...
1:04 PM - Epidural in! Still waiting for the doctor to break the water. I got a salad for lunch, with a side of chicken fingers. Still have some BBQ sauce on my hands. Gotta take a blog break to wash them.
1:26 PM - Catheter in; nurse checked...not much progress. 2.5 CM - I think she added the .5 to feel make us feel better. Doctor should be here soon to break the water. Carissa is yawning and ready for a nap. I see that being the theme for today and many more days to come...
1:59 PM - Water broke...still only 2 - 3 CM.
2:37 PM - No news...
3:17 PM - Carissa has turned over and is now lying on her left side. Hayley will be back at 4 to check again.
4:00 PM - About 4 CM dilated - Hayley says she still has high hopes that Carissa will have the baby before her shift ends at 7.
4:55 PM - Nothing happening really - just sitting here staring at Carissa. I wonder if people are even checking updates anymore or if you all have moved on to TMZ or some other blog with more action... ;)
5:18 PM - 5 CM...
6:00ish PM - Emmett David Thommes is here! 8 pounds, 8 ounces, 22 inches! Pictures to follow!
12 comments:
This is so exciting!!
Come on little dude!!!
You have to change the Blog name soon!
I love this!!!
Yay Yay Yay! Baby!!
I feel like I'm a part of the whole thing, from a safe distance of course :)
I think he's probably having burgers on the grill with some corn on the cobb
It's been 33 minutes. Where's the EPI?!?!
Glad she finally got that epidural!
Love the commentary! Can't wait to hear more news.
You 2 are great! Dave you're cracking me up!!
following this is pretty interesting....do you recall the room numbers for Dylan and Charlie's deliveries!
Post a Comment