He had his first doctor visit when he was 4 days old and weighed in at 8 lbs and 21 inches long (I find length to not be very accurate). Everything checked out fine and we will be back in two weeks.
Emmett was a very good eater from the start and got my milk supply going by the 2nd day, which I think threw him off and caused him to spit up a lot, but by the end of the week he got the hang of it and is doing great. The only problem is that he falls asleep and doesn't want to eat from the other side, which can cause me a lot of soreness! But I figure that's pretty typical and he'll get better.
Dylan is just loving Emmett! He wants to hold him all the time and will sit on the couch with him until I have to take him away to feed him or put him to bed. When Emmett is lying on the couch, he lies next to him and sing him songs...usually Hey Diddle Diddle or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He is being a great helper with throwing away diapers and getting me anything the baby needs. I've seen a whole different side of Dylan with the addition of Emmett and I'm just hoping it lasts! He's even being more helpful and loving towards Charlie, which is really fun to see.
Charlie, I always say, is my happy little boy. however the last few months he seems out of sorts, will be playing well one minute and the next he's hysterical if you don't pick him up that minute. Its usually the most inconvenient time, like when making lunch or trying to clean up, but he will throw a fit until you do pick him up. I've been trying time-out to try to get him to stop, but that only stops him until you let him out of time-out. Unfortunately, Emmett has not changed this behavior, but has only added to the challenge. To me it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with Emmett, but of course I don't want him to start thinking that I can't pick him up because I'm holding Emmett and then be mad at Emmett, so we're working on it. Charlie does love Emmett and will give him lots of kisses on his head and loves to snuggle with him, but obviously has to be watched more closely.
My boys are all going to be the best of buds and I'm so happy they'll all have each other!
The big day!...
My second and third coaches! It was really nice having them experience the birth with us.
And all my other fantastic support crew... it worked out perfectly that Jonathan and Jen were able to be there before they went to Colorado!
My super, amazing doula that spent pretty much the whole day with us making sure everything went as smoothly as possible!
Dylan and Charlie finally get to meet the reason for my big belly the last several months! Charlie was fascinated, and Dylan mostly just seemed nervous to be in the hospital.
When they came back to bring us home, they were a bit more interested in playing the iPad and phone...go figure.
Lucky little boy to get this cute outfit from Auntie Sabrina.
Rough time trying to get a picture of all of them. Dylan wouldn't hold him then, but wouldn't put him down when we got home!
While I enjoyed my time at the hospital with just Emmett, I really missed the boys. At least we had a chance to FaceTime.
Home Sweet Home!
All my boys!
Looks like such a peanut!
Our first outing with the three kids to the mall.
A nice surprise to have Uncle Mike in town to visit!
Tummy time with a buddy.

1 comment:
Love this!! So many great pictures! He is the perfect addition to your family! :)
Post a Comment