Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kohl Children's Museum and Our Trip to Iowa


Jenny and I finally found a day to use our Living Social deal to the Kohl Children's Museum and the kids had a blast. There are all different types of rooms for the kids to explore and play. I'd say Dylan's favorite was the water room. I think he could have stayed in there all day.



 Should have put the apron on him when we first walked in, he was already pretty wet when I finally put it on him, good thing it was a hot day and he didn't mind.
 The music room.
 They had little areas that were for children under 18 months, so Dylan just made the cut!
 The Pet Vet Room. I thought Dylan would love this room, but there weren't very many dogs or pets to play with. I think all of the other kids had gotten to them first.
 Chase and Reese were misbehaving so we locked them up for the rest of the time while we played...kidding.

 Potbelly!

I would definitely go there again, but you certainly have to get there early and still it gets pretty crowded pretty fast.

And FINALLY, we got to visit with our good friends in Iowa. Danielle, Jeremy, Ellie, and Owen were fantastic hosts and we all had a great time.

Saturday we went to a small farm zoo, hung out at a park, headed back to the house for the kids to play outside, and then spent the evening at the house with a taco pizza, bonfire, and s'mores! How could it have gotten any better than that?!?



There weren't very many animals out, but that didn't bother Dylan. He loved the cow all the same!
 
Crazy to think we met 11 years ago already! Look at us now! :)


Dylan just loved Ellie and Owen. And he can't wait to see them again!! Hopefully sooner than later :)

No comments: