Tuesday, October 25, 2011

36 Weeks

 Today, Sabrina and I met up at the mall to enjoy the play place before it got too crowded. We were pleasantly surprised to see Jen, Jackson, and Brayden there! Dylan had a great time crawling and climbing and I was equally excited to see him moving around and enjoying himself (a little sad too as these new adventures continue to confirm that my little guy is no longer my little baby).

Dylan currently has a pretty nasty cough, but it doesn't seem to bother him too much. I hear him coughing in the middle of the night, in fact I jumped out of bed last night because I thought he was choking! However, he has been going right back to sleep, so he must not be feeling too bad. And that tooth, next to the only one he has, has finally broken through. It seems to take forever to come all the way out, but I think I can say he has two teeth now! They don't seem to be helping him chew though...

This week I decided to try some "table foods" for Dylan. First was banana, didn't go so well. He got a few pieces down ok, gagged a little on a couple, and then nearly gave me a heart attack when he gagged and gagged until he eventually threw it all up! Poor guy. Then, yesterday I thought maybe some cooked carrots in smaller pieces might go a little easier. Thankfully there was very little gagging, but he didn't care for them much. I think he just didn't like having to chew them. Also, we started giving him a cup with dinner. Funny story...
I gave him a cup and he was very interested in it. He would put it in his mouth, suck, put it down and give it a funny look. He would do it again and again, and it didn't appear he was getting any water. Well, I decided to give it a try to see how hard it was to get some water out. I sucked as hard as I could and I couldn't even get water out!!! It would seem you have to bite it and then suck? How is a baby suppose to know this?? I got another cup out that is not spill proof and he rather enjoyed it. (BTW, when Dave came home from work, I had him try it too...he couldn't get any water out either).

Some pictures from playing today...
Climbing around on Bugs.
 For you, Jenny. "Cheek to cheek."
 Jackson wanted to join in on the picture :)
 In other big news this week, Jessica and Sean are married!! Dave and I had a fantastic time being in their wedding and could not be happier for them.

Kristen and me.
 I heard later the best man did go home with one of the bridesmaids...
 Beautiful bride.
 Bride and mother of the bride.


Sean and his best man. Dave gave an incredible speech. He was well-spoken, funny, sincere, thoughtful, nostolgic, and looked great doing it. I actually have it on video, but unfortunately couldn't get it to upload. I didn't want to end the post without saying how great of a speech it was though. He did a great job with his best man duties (besides missing the rehearsal) and he is ALWAYS a great husband and dad....what a fantastic guy. Quite a catch, Dave Thommes!

2 comments:

Jen said...

If you need any cups that spill we have TONS of them. Thats all we have. Ha.

You, and Dylan, had an exciting week this week! Great pictures (I love how Jack is hiding in the first one)!

Jenny said...

That cup story is funny. I tried some myself and was like, wow, these aren't easy!

And you all look so great at the wedding!

Great setting them up! :)