I don't feel like life is going any faster, it is just that life is measured in such a different way now. In a matter of six months in my life, not too much changes...except maybe a hairstyle. But to Dylan...he goes from being a little baby to being an adorable little person!! Dylan amazes me every day with how sweet he is and how happy he is with just being him! So this month...
- Crawling: Still moving around on his belly, but moving faster and there is no stopping him. He has even worked so hard at getting around that has gotten blisters on his toe! I think within the next couple weeks he will be crawling on hands and knees. He has started to get up on hands and knees and rock a little, but then drops down to his belly and starts going.
- Still only one tooth, and it is so stinkin cute when he smiles.
- Food: As you see below, Dylan had his first trial with picking up bananas! I figured it was time because he has been working hard act picking up puffs, feeding himself mum-mums, and gagging is now rare (yay!!). He was able to get some in his mouth, but bananas sure are slippery! I helped him out quite a bit and he was able to chew them up pretty good and enjoyed himself I think...though it extended his dinner time quite a bit. New foods this month: spinach and white potatoes...but we played around with a lot of combos. Dylan has yet to really hate any foods and only gets upset when the food is gone.

- He's been eating about 4-6oz of food for breakfast, usually fruit mixed with cereal or yogurt and 4oz vegetable or veg/chicken combo and 2oz of fruit.
- Schedule: Wakes between 6-6:30, eats food then 4oz bottle, naps at 8:30 (1-1 1/2 hours), 6oz bottle at 10:30, naps at 12:30 (1 1/2-2 hours), 6oz bottle at 2:30, and food at 6:30 followed by bath, pjs, and 4oz bottle, bedtime at 7.
- Size 3 diapers and 9 months clothes.
- Crib has been lowered to its lowest position because Dylan has started to pull up to standing. He usually pulls up on the laundry basket, a drawer, or just climbing on mom or dad. He'll hang out on his knees or pull up to standing. He is not very confident when standing.
- Dylan has become quite the cuddler and I love it!! There has never been a time in the past 8 months that I have wanted a rocking chair in his room more than I do now! I would love to just rock with him with his head on my shoulder. He's just so sweet!!
- Dylan had his first sleepover without his mom or dad. And unfortunately this next month he'll have another, and then a 3-night sleepover without his parents. :(
I love love love this little boy. What a difference he makes in our life!
3 comments:
Love it! You didn't mention that he loves to take off his socks and eat them. Actually, usually for me it is just ONE sock he likes to take off...and he leaves the other one on.... and he's a master jumper in the jumparoo! He's a total sweetie and my kids LOVE him to death! (Except Logan, since Dylan wants to eat him, but I'm sure that will change!)
I love him.
I love to watch that little guy move! He sure knows how to work the army crawl!
Happy 8 months Dylan!
Post a Comment