- Crawling! Still moving along on his belly, and he now gives his best effort to follow us if we leave the room. It is a pretty sad attempt as he is still moving pretty slowly and is usually crying as he is trying to get us. We haven't had to block the stairs as of yet, but I am sure this will need to happen soon. He is also getting a little wild with climbing over stuff, and will even try to climb on top of babies or little kids, so look out!
- A Tooth! Bottom left. I would say it is a quarter of the way in now, and I sense he is working on the other bottom tooth so we'll see if that makes an appearance soon. With his first tooth, he had a little running nose, low-grade fevers off and on, and was definitely crabby. A little tylenol helped him through though.
- Food: Dylan has been eating fruit mixed with cereal in the morning and vegetables for dinner. Some new foods he has tried are mangos, peaches, apples, and pears. I would say he's been a little more excited for his vegetables than his fruits, but I'm sure this won't last. He has tried puffs and cheerios, but gags on them a lot so needs more practice.
- Bottles: Still drinking four 6 to 8 oz bottles a day of formula; he is getting better at holding them himself, but often needs some help.
- Size 2 diapers
- Fits nicely in 9 months clothes
- Goes to bed between 6:30-7:30 and wakes up between 6-7am. He is still a good sleeper, but woke up more this month than he has total since he was 2 months old. Most times he can put himself back to sleep, but the week or two before that tooth came in, he was needing to be picked up and helped back to sleep. I even tried to bring him into our bed, but he just thinks its time to play then.
- Mastered sitting. He can reach forward, to the sides, and even catch himself if he reaches too far. He has yet to figure out how to go from sitting to crawling gracefully, and does not even attempt to get from his belly to sitting up.
- Definitely starting some separation anxiety, wanting his mom or dad when being held by a "stranger."
- When putting him down for a nap or bedtime, if I sing him a song (usually a Bushel and a Peck) Dylan will put his head down on my shoulder and sometimes even pats my back. Most of the time when put in his bed with his sleep sheep going and his blankie by his face, he goes to sleep without a peep.
- Talker! and starting to be a screamer as well! I love hearing him talk, especially when he wakes up from a nap and just plays and talks in there.
Friday, September 16, 2011
7 Months
What an exciting month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a big boy! It is flying by! It WAS a big month for him, crawling and a tooth! Good thing he like me because I love to hold him!
You forgot to mention the parsnips!!! How could you forget that? He is definitely growing up but it still an adorable little peanut!!
Dylan is a moving machine!
Post a Comment