Saturday, July 16, 2011

5 Months


My little baby is 5 months old!! He is such a joy and fills our days with lots and lots of smiles and laughs. It's amazing that after just 5 short months, I couldn't imagine my life without little Dylan in it. He makes everything so much more meaningful and I can't wait to show him the world!! One step at a time though...

Month after month, Dylan is more and more active and his personality is growing. He continues to be a very happy boy (with moments of not so happy).

About Dylan:
  • Naps 2-3 times a day. I would say 50% of the time Dylan takes a 3rd nap. We still try to use the 2-3-4 hour "rule" with the naping, but mostly go off of his mood. When he's acting tired we put him down for a nap. Still occasionally takes a nap in the swing, probably only 1-2 times a week.
  • Going to bed around 7 and will sleep until 7 unless I have to work and we get him up at 6:15. Occasionally will wake up in the 5s, but will go back to sleep after a few minutes.
  • Still eats 4 times a day, when he takes bottles (only when I work) they are 7-8oz.
  • Tried rice cereal today!! A video and pictures to come, but it went well and I'm excited to keep working on food.
  • Size 1-2 diapers, though they are getting pretty small, just have to finish the package.
  • 3-6 months or 6 months clothes
  • Rolling: eh, not so much these days, though I did find him in his crib today just about rolled onto his belly...he has yet to really show us he can do this, but he's working on it.
  • His biggest form of entertainment...putting the blanket over his face and pulling it off. He'll play this for a good ten minutes just laughing to himself, not even that interested in your playing with him, but of course he loves it when he sees a face pop up. (I posted a video of this not too long ago)
  • Still chewing on everything, but no teeth! And the drooling....oh boy
  • Loves playing with toys, whether they are hanging above him or lying next to him.
  • AND on his belly he is reaching for toys! He used to be so stuck just looking at the toys in front of him, afraid to reach for one because he'd fall on his face! Now he can grab them....and put them in his mouth of course!
  • He's moving more in his crib, we'll find him with his feet where his head was and I find it so amusing. Its funny picture him just spinning around in his bed.
  • OH...and a couple days ago he figured out that he can put his feet in his mouth!! Dave and I were both sitting there and witnessed it...so funny and cute. Don't worry, I got a picture....for the weekly post.
  • And above you can see that on his 5 months birthday (ok the day after) he went in a pool for the first time and he loved it...or tolerated it! He stayed in until he was a prune! Thanks Aunt Bev and Uncle Mike!
Dylan, I hope you always stay as happy and wonderful as you are. We love you sooooooooooo much.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the Reactions thing. Cool! He is such a happy boy! Love him!

Jen said...

He is growing up too fast! Less than one month and he will be 1/2!!!

The Daughetee's said...

Happy 5 months Dylan! I look forward to ringing in your 6th month with you! :)

Kristen & Brad Hoffman said...

what a big boy eating already! He is getting cuter and cuter each post!