Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Emmett is THREE

I want to wrap all of my memories of my kids up in a bow and just be able to swim in them later in life when they're old and have left me. I wish I could remember every detail of every day with my kids and my crazy life. I appreciate it so much and wouldn't change anything, but no matter how much I appreciate it, time still goes by so fast and all of the memories are slipping through my fingers!

I want to always remember the sound of Emmett's voice when he yells, "mommy, my am done!" from the toilet after pooping. 

I want to remember the sweetness of Emmett when he will randomly walk up to me without any guidance to thank me for something so out of the blue..."mommy, thank you for washing my clothes." Or "mommy, thank you for getting me my Star Wars cup"...three weeks after getting it. 

I want to remember how excited he gets and the look on his face when he gets out of his bed at night, clearly not tired because he took a nap, and I let him come in my room or sit at the dinner table with Dave and me and just hang out just us. Feeling so special and like such a big boy. 

I want to remember the sound he makes when he puts his blankie by his face. Though sometimes it annoys me, I know it will end someday soon and then I will miss it. 

And I want to remember how much Emmett loves his brothers and sisters and is so sweet to all of them. He plays so nice with Charlie, takes such good care of Molly, and wants to be just like Dylan. 

Emmett, you are the sugar of life in my every day. You are the sweetest little boy and you make me happy every day. May you only get sweeter in your 4th year!

No comments: