Friday, February 24, 2017

E-M-M-E-T-T

This cool kid is turning into a smarty pants. Emmett has always been the sweetest baby/kid...shy, quiet, cuddly, loving, and oh so funny. I can't remember laughing such deep, real laughs with Dylan and Charlie at this age, but Emmett is so fun to laugh with and he laughs so hard when you laugh with him! ❤ 

However, it would seem over the last few weeks Emmett is moving toward the horrible, nasty, rotten THREES! I've found threes to be way worse than twos...hands down! It makes me sad that my sweet sweet boy has turned sassy and developed an attitude. But moving on to more positive things, Emmett is beginning to notice more of the world and it's really fun to see. He is now into texting his name to people, is getting good at counting for hide and seek, and just this morning we had pretty good discussion about the book "Good Night Gorilla." Now, this book has very few works. Mostly a zookeeper walking through a zoo saying goodnight to the animals. When I read it to him, I add a little commentary and ask him some questions about what the pictures are showing happening...last night Dave did books...
This morning when getting dressed Emmett asked, "mommy, do you know how to read this book?" I knew immediately where this was going...
"Yes, I do. Did daddy read it to you last night?"
"Yes."
"How was it?"
"Not the same as you."
Though I knew what he was thinking immediately when he asked me about it, I was so impressed that he could verbalize it. My little Smarty pants. 

No comments: