I couldn't say enough good things about my happy boy! ...but let me try...
- Stats: 32.5 inches, 24lbs (Dylan was 34 inches, 25lbs)
Charlie is really starting to chat up a storm. There isn't a question that he understands mostly everything I say to him and has for a while, but now he is really starting to reciprocate. He'll do his best to repeat any word you ask him to say, but has many of his own words as well. However, by far his favorite response is "no no" and says it before you even finish asking a question most times. He doesn't put many words together yet, but with the amount of words he's saying now, its only a matter of time. Its hard to say if he speaks as clear as Dylan did at this age, as it is a challenge to understand him a lot of the time which is very frustrating to him, but he'll get there.
He is still a thumb lover and doesn't really go anywhere without his blankie. Not looking forward to when I'll have to put a stop to this, but for the time being I find it ADORABLE! Just recently he has found Dylan's blanket that is just like his and often walks around with both. When he can't find his blankie and he finally spots it, the smile on his face and the big laugh you hear is enough to wash all your worries away. Pure joy.
Though a happy baby he may be, he sure does have a temper and let's his feelings be known...loudly. His worst tantrums have come from not giving him m&ms or fruit snacks when he asks for them, not letting him wear his boots around the house, and if I don't pick him up when he asks. When he gets in one of his tantrums, he is basically inconsolable for at least 5 minutes (though he seems longer), and will run away if you try to comfort him. Luckily, he doesn't hold a grudge.
It's always amazing to realize how much an 18 month old can understand, and one of the things that I find so sweet about Charlie is that if he accidentally hurts me and I say "ouch" he will rub my shoulder and say his version of "sorry."
Charlie has just gotten into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and gets so excited when he's Mickey pop up on the TV. He doesn't really sit and watch all of it, but just feels special to have a show on just for him! He will snuggle with me for a while on the couch and watch it with me if I sit with him, and who doesn't love Charlie snuggles!?!
It has been a long winter and Charlie is just dying to get outside! I can't wait til it gets nicer out so we can enjoy being outside and he can run around like he wants to!
People talk about the poor middle child and all of that, but I know that my special little Charlie will never feel any of that from me. He is my joy and my happiness and will always be!
No comments:
Post a Comment