Thursday, November 28, 2013

15 Months & Stats

 Charlie is my lovable, joyful little boy! He makes me smile every day and has a million smiles for everyone. Some things about Charlie:
  • Charlie is definitely starting to talk a little, but not nearly as much as Dylan was at this age (its hard not to compare!). Some of his favorite and more consistent words right now are - blankie, milk, more, dog, Dylan, daddy, and he is starting to say mommy more. I say these words hesitantly because though he is consistent, they really don't sound much like the word, only the first sound really. He won't really repeat anything I ask him to say and will only say most things once. I feel I'm partially at fault because I forget how much a 15 month old really knows! 
  • He understands just about everything it seems! He is good at following directions, but not always the best listener. He loves to be a helper and put things away or get things for me, but when I ask him to stop doing something he rarely listens. I have found myself talking to him a lot more now that I have realized he is not my baby anymore! I think he'll start picking up the talking soon!
  • Boy does he have a temper! He is generally a very happy boy, but if you take something away from him that he wants, he will show you his ugly colors! He, of course, starts crying, and then when we try to comfort him he will turn around and run away from you. I find it hard not to laugh, because about 30 seconds later he runs to you for a hug. Hope his temper is always this short!
  • He loves reading books. He likes to stick to the few that he knows and likes, but will sit right down in your lap and read book after book as long as they are the feely, flappy, short kind!
  • Unlike Dylan, Charlie is always super quiet in the car. He is still facing backward and rarely ever falls asleep unless it is hours after his bed or nap time. I often think he has fallen asleep, but usually find him cuddled up with his blankie and his thumb in his mouth.
  • HUGE thumb sucker. He definitely knows that this is what soothes himself. When he gets crabby, he'll find his blankie and pop that thumb in his mouth and then he's pretty much set!
  • He can point to your nose, mouth, eyes, head, and belly. 
  • He runs around like crazy and rarely falls and hurts himself. He often takes off his socks and I'm starting to think it is because of the wood floors and that making it too slippery for him.
  • Still two naps a day, but starting to ween him to one. He sleeps from 7pm-7am and doesn't really make a peep when we put him down or when he wakes up. He loves his crib would probably stay quiet in there all morning if we left him. He is starting to get upset when we put him in there for his morning nap, and I'm thinking its because he's ready to go without it. He almost never gets up at night and if he does it seems as if its a nightmare or something because he just starts crying, never stands up or anything, and goes right back to sleep when you rub his back.
  • Charlie has always been a really good eater, but more recently it has slowed down. He will try a lot of different foods, but just doesn't seem as hungry these days. He is good at eating his fruits and veggies, and usually will eat his meats as well. He loves eggs in the morning, noodles, green beans, and graham crackers.
  • He doesn't watch much TV or really play the iPad (mostly because Dylan would be the one on it if anyone). Most recently he has started to enjoy peek-a-boo barn on my phone during diaper changes...the only thing that seems to keep him from screaming his head off whenever we change him!
  • He is really good about playing by himself if he gets into it. He prefers you to be in the same room, but if you sneak away, he's usually good for a while. He likes dinosaurs, trains, and the kitchen!
  • Stats:
    • 31 inches (41%ile)
    • 23.1 lb (27%ile)
 Oh my silly Dylan. He is still my angel and devil all wrapped in one. He is a smarty pants and uses it to his advantage most of the time. He catches on to everything, seems to retain everything, and can catch you trying to sneak out of something! He can be so lovable and so sassy. He is still super shy and usually needs bribing to talk to anyone besides his immediate family. Most people don't realize he can talk so much until he lets lose and really gets going.
 All of the Foley cousins on our closing day in our new home!

 And the next day trick-or-treating in the Staniak neighborhood in the rain! I can say I was not too pleased with Dylan's performance with the trick-or-treating. He did not want to walk from house to house and was pretty much done after about ten houses. I was hoping for a little more chocolate to bring home!

 Eileen's Bach party! Some silly pictures from the night.



 Enjoying some fallen leaves at our new house. Charlie didn't want anything to do with them. Next year...a leaf blower!

 Eileen and Ron's wedding!
 First trolley ride!
 Beautiful bride!
 My amazing family. I am such a lucky girl to have all these great boys that love me!!
 How he spent almost the entire night. He did good all day for pictures, trolley ride, and even the walk down the aisle. When we sat down for dinner...he was out. He woke up about three and a half hours later asking for food.
 And this is how Charlie spent most of the night. He stayed up the whole time and danced around with his blankie!



Fun wedding!

No comments: