Dylan's 2nd birthday will always be a day I look back at with a smile. In two years, this little boy has gone from a sweet, helpless baby to a stubborn, smart, lovable, and independent boy. It is very important to me that my kids feel special, and what better day to make Dylan feel special then on his birthday!
A week before his birthday if you asked Dylan what he was going to have for breakfast on his birthday he would have told you donuts. It was the candle on top that made him feel like the coolest 2 year old on the block.
My three favorite boys...
Best buds forever and always!
Dylan is in denial about turning two. Every time I tell him that he is going to be two he replies, "No, one." Here he is starting to except it and attempting to hold up two fingers. We'll be working on this for a while.
Charlie is equally as excited that it is Dylan's birthday and as always was a perfect angel all day to let Dylan enjoy his special day.
Next stop, Yu Kids Island. For a two year old...and a mother with a two year old...I think this is one of the coolest places! Its new, clean, and safe! Every time I take Dylan here he gets more adventurous and has a blast. This time was no different and I had to stay on my toes to keep track of him.
My little monkey...finally figuring out how to climb on things!
Another mom asked me how old his is....I thought it was obvious :)
Charlie hanging out with his favorite daddy, watching all the kids having fun.
I love my Charlie to pieces. He is my little angel baby!
And our last stop - 2Toots! We were so lucky to be joined by some of Dylan's best friends. Dylan was spoiled with some great presents and cards, 3 chocolate milks, and french fries! Definitely his best birthday ever!
I think this was his only bite that he took. I guess he had his share of treats with the 3 chocolate milks.
Life is good.
Fun facts about Dylan as an almost two year old:
- Calls my slippers "slipperies."
- Asks for "popcorn cheesies" which means cheese popcorn.
- When asked, "Who wants to say goodnight to Charlie?" Dylan always stops what he is doing to say good night to Charlie with a hug and a kiss.
- Hardly ever calls Charlie just Charlie, most common names are Charlie Cree Cree (no idea), Charlie John, Charlie Johnny, and many other names that are unintelligible.
- His worst sleeping habits have been the last 6 months. He goes to bed at 8 and generally wakes up between 7-7:30, but will wake up crying 1-3 times a night.
- He has a very small appetite and seemingly survives on next to nothing.
- Hates having his diaper changed, but refuses to try going on the potty. He has sat on the potty a number of times, but has never been able to get anything out. Not even a drop!
- Can put his snow boots on himself.
- Dylan is very polite with pleases, thank yous, bless yous, takes his shoes off when he comes in the door, requests a napkin, but is pretty poor at sharing.
- Recent favorite activities are Play-doh and coloring with markers.
- LOVES WHINING! Especially to his mom.
- Has recently hit a new spike in separation anxiety. "No mommy go to work. Mommy take jacket off." Luckily he gets over it quickly, but it is heartbreaking!
- He knows all his colors, can recognize a bunch of letters, getting better with shapes and can count to ten (though he can't really count).
- Dylan amazes me daily and I love being able to have conversations with him. He understands so much of what we say and gets concepts that you'd think he wouldn't. His memory surprises me and when he's in a good mood he can make anyone smile! He will always be my baby and I hope I'll always be his mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment