Thursday, February 28, 2013

6 Months & Stats!

 Six months ago I was the happiest mommy who had just delivered the most perfect baby. Seems like just yesterday, but also feels like a lifetime ago! Charlie fills my heart and it amazes me how much love I have for him. In part, I think because Charlie gave us a hard time for the first couple months the amount of love I have for him now overwhelms me. He is so sweet and happy and the best thing about him is he loves his mommy! He gives the best smiles and is my loving baby. I wouldn't change a thing about him and could cuddle with him all day long if he'd let me. But instead he has just started to do this....


Look out!! His cake picture didn't turn out the best because he hasn't been feeling all that well this week. He has been on a hunger strike, eating 6-8 oz total a day over the last few days, but it seems to be getting better. He hasn't really been crabby, just sleeping a lot and not wanting to eat. The funny thing is that I just looked back at Dylan at 6 months and he had just had a hunger strike week too! How strange!! More about Charlie...
  • Charlie almost always sleeps on his belly and is rolling around more. I'll put him down one place and come back and he's in a different spot in the room. He'll turn on his belly and sometimes I find him in his crib with his head where is feet started.
  • ALMOST sitting independently without me having to worry. He never really wanted to be propped up on his arms, he always wants to be grabbing at whatever is in front of him. Now I can put him down with a toy in front of him and just put a pillow or stuffed animal behind him where is head would hit because every once in a while he'll fall straight back. Otherwise he is pretty good at staying sitting or at least gracefully going to his belly.
  • Still loves his baths. He immediately will grab the toy that is attached to the tub and chew on it. Sometime I don't think Dylan ever had an interest in.
  • I'm done breastfeeding! Some may say this is nothing to celebrate, but for me it is! I wanted to make it to 6 months and I did it! At the end I had just been doing it morning and night, but I'd say he likes the formula even better than breast milk, so that makes me feel a little better. Eats four times - usually 7:00, 11:00, 3:00, 6:30; 6 oz bottles.
  • Two meals a day. Fruit with cereal in the morning - bananas or apples and two veggies or a veggie and a fruit for dinner around 5:00. He has had peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips, apples, and bananas so far.
  • Naps 2 times a day. Occasionally he'll take a third if he doesn't nap well, but that's pretty uncommon these days.
  • Great sleeper! Goes to sleep between 6:30-7 and wakes up between 7-7:30, but usually just plays in his crib until I get him. The only time he wakes up is between when he goes to bed and about 11pm. Often he'll let out a couple screams and then will go back to sleep. I wish I knew why he did this. It makes me so sad to hear him cry like that out of no where.
  • STATS: 
    • Height: 27 Inches (60-70%tile)
    • Weight: 17lb 4 oz (40-50%tile)
Things we need to work on for next month:
  • Holding his bottle! I'm ready for him to do this already! But then most of the time I like to hold it for him because he is my little baby!!
 We love you, Charlie!! Don't ever change. Stay the baby that you are :)

No comments: