Saturday, December 29, 2012

FOUR Months!

  • STATS:
    • Weight: 15lb 2 oz - 58th% (Dylan was 15 lbs)
    • Height: 26 inches - 86th% (Dylan was 25 inches)
    • Kind of crazy that he is about the same size as Dylan! How did that happen?
  • Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' - Charlie has been rolling from his tummy to his back and his back to his tummy and lately he has been sleeping on his tummy too. 
    • A cute story - My mom got Charlie the cutest crib toy, a bee that plays music and lights up. One morning I hear some new sounds coming from the boys' room. I go to see what's going on, and there is Charlie laying on his belly playing with the bee. He looked just adorable in the dark room with his face glowing!
  • Tummy time - Charlie will play on  his belly for a while if there are stimulating toys in front of him. He is now able to reach for toys without falling on his nose.
  • Smiles - Charlie smiles so much! His smiles brighten my day and just tell me how much he loves me! He still has his fussy time in the evenings still, but during the day he usually pretty happy.
  • Still eats 4 times a day, 6 oz bottles when I work. I've stopped giving him bottles for his last meal because I don't seem to be pumping as much as he drinks in a bottle. Planning on breastfeeding for two more months, as long as my supply lasts. It seems to be going down.
  • Sleeps 12-13 hours a night. I would almost say that he is a better sleeper than Dylan was because he can sleep through Dylan occasionally crying at night or when Dylan wakes up in the morning. He is now a pro at going to sleep, usually doesn't cry when I put him down. After he has his last meal, I just put him in the crib, put a blankie over half his face and he snuggles up with it and goes to sleep.
  • Naps - some days are perfect, and others not so perfect. He usually takes a nap about 2 hours after he wakes up, sleeps for 2 hours, and then up for maybe 2 hours, another nap, and so on. He always needs a third short nap as well.
  • Talking - Charlie isn't a big talker, but maybe my expectations are off. I'm not sure. I looked back at Dylan when he was 4 months and he was doing a lot of squealing, which seems to be what Charlie does most.
  • No teeth yet, just a lot of drooling.
  • I'll probably hold off on food for another month or so. I'm not in a huge hurry, but that will come soon. 
  • Charlie loves his brother, and tolerates him pretty well also. He loves giving Dylan big kisses on his face and slobbering all over him. He loves watching Dylan run around and finds him to be constant entertainment. 
Charlie is my little love. I couldn't imagine life without the addition of our little guy. I wouldn't say he is the most easy going baby, but he fits into our family perfectly and I would change a thing about my boys or my wonderful family. I feel so blessed and look forward for everything to come.





1 comment:

Kristen & Brad Hoffman said...

wow, time flies by! love the christmas light pictures.