Wednesday, December 12, 2012

15 Weeks & Lots of Excitement!


 
Big news this week: Charlie is rolling and Dylan can count!! In the video below I caught his first roll, GO ME! Looks like he was just trying to show off for his cousins, make sure they don't think he's a pushover!

The second video was a complete surprise. Earlier in the day Dylan was jumping on our bed and was being chatty as always. I wasn't completely paying attention and then I heard "....6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" I stopped and listened and he did it again...again starting with 6. I don't know where this came from because the most I had tried to get him to do was count to three...which I had never gotten him to do. Well, later during the bath, I started taking a video of Charlie because he has been loving the bath and there Dylan went again with the counting! He did miss a number in there, but he has done it several times since without missing any numbers. The only thing is that I'm not sure he knows what he is saying. He won't do it if I ask, only spontaneously. So crazy!

 
Santa: "Hi, Dylan."
Dylan: --
Santa: "Can I have a five?"
Dylan: --
Santa: "I like your shirt. Is that a snowman?"
Dylan: --
Me: "Dylan, what does Santa say? Can you tell Santa?"
Dylan: "Ho Ho Ho."
Santa: "Ho Ho Ho, that's very good. What do you want for Christmas this year, Dylan?"
Dylan: "Choo Choo and race cars."
Santa: "Well, have you been a good boy this year?"
Dylan: "Yea."
Santa: "Can I have a five?"
Dylan: Gives Santa a five! :)

Next up, to get him to sit on Santa's lap. Unsuccessful with the first attempt. Bribbed him with some fruit snacks and success. No smile, but at least he stayed put! I love Woodfield Santa!
 
 
Jeff and Christine invited us to go on a Ghost Tour. It was very interesting and a different experience to say the least. Some people took it very serious and were true believers. We had all sorts of equipment with a slideshow presentation on how to use it and spoke to the ghosts/spirits with them answering yes/no questions using the rods. See the last video below...spooooooky!

 We were talking to Al Capone's wife...while she was sitting in this chair...


Look at all of these "orbs in motion"....spirits were all around us (or just dust?).

 It didn't make me a believer in spirits or ghosts being able to communicate with us, but our guides sure seemed to believe it all. I was more scared walking in there then I was walking out.
 


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love the santa conversation! Great santa picture!