I cannot tell you how excited I have been for summer, and its finally here! I've just been so looking forward to all of the things I can do with Dylan once the weather got nicer, I'm working a little less, and Dylan is enjoying the world around him more than ever!! Having a child that loves to explore, loves being outside, and makes me happy to make him happy seems to give the summer a whole new meaning to me with a long list of opportunities! In saying that, my goal is to do something fun with Dylan every day I have off of work, see all of my favorite people, and really take in and appreciate the last summer just the three of us! This big belly isn't going to slow me down!
Last Friday was Jackson's birthday, but Dylan sure felt like it was his. It started off at Yu Kids Island in Woodfield Mall. My adorable son happens to be quite timid and nervous with all new things, especially when there are a lot of people around. He usually warms up after some time, and sometimes he doesn't. He needed a bit of coaxing here, but I think he enjoyed himself.
Thanks, Auntie Jen for helping me down the "water" slide.
This happened to be one of his favorites. He sat on here for a good 5 minutes, just slowly turning around and around.Brayden even came over to keep him company. Brayden is quite the dare-devil. Dylan needs to spend a lot of time with him this summer so he can get a little braver!
The birthday boy....trying not to let me take a picture!
And THEN, later that evening we all went to Jump Zone and Dylan loved it! He really got in there and had a blast. It certainly helps to have all of his loving cousins around to show him the way!
The three little ones....not so little anymore.
Auntie Jen made delicious cupcakes to celebrate Jackson's big day.
This past weekend, Dave and I decided to take a walk to Pirate's Cove. There is definitely more for Dylan to do this summer than there was last, but still a little limited. He really wanted to go on the boat, but I don't think he's ready for that. He was nervous at first about the train (of course), but then it was his favorite and he didn't want to get off!
When he was just 19 weeks ago, his first train ride...
And now at 15 1/2 months... how time flies.
And down the slide a couple times. Its a little challenging to get seated at the top, but we managed.
To many more adventures!
2 comments:
This is going to be the best summer! He can do so many things AND he is almost always free! What a great start!
Ooo I am with you-- LOTS of fun ahead!
Post a Comment