Wednesday, March 07, 2012

1st Birthday Party

Look Whoooos ONE!

Dylan's very first birthday party! I am glad to say that I think it was a beautiful success and everyone had a good time. Well, I wish Dylan had a better time and enjoyed all of the people that were there to celebrate with him, but I'm certain he will return everyones' love soon enough. The party was at the Schaumburg Park District in the activity room which had all sorts of things to climb on, a ball pit, tunnels, and slides for all the kids to keep busy on. I know it at least wore all the kids out because I got pictures from three different families of their kids sleeping.

Since it was his very first birthday and I was not able to have it at my house and so couldn't decorate all that much, we splurged on the cake. A friend of the family is opening a cake business and I would say she did an amazing job on Dylan's owl cake. Just adorable....and huge!
 The other decorations that were all homemade. I couldn't find any owl party hats, so decided to make them instead. Also, as the favor for all party guests, I made owl cake pops....delicious! And last, but certainly not least, the smash cake. What an amazing job Ryan did to create an owl for Dylan to dig into...
 Here, Dylan was having fun until he spotted me with the camera, this was a common occurance throughout the party. I had to stay hidden when he was with someone else...I don't like that!

At the party we ordered pizza and Dave made macaroni and cheese and baked ziti, Dylan decided to stick with graham crackers and a banana...we're working on it.

 Still love to watch Brayden walking all over the place. I think Dylan likes it too because he has been getting better and better each day, can almost make it across the room now!
 Silly Chase.
 Peek-a-boo, Izaac.
 Happy little Logan.
 Noah, you are getting so old! Such a good looking kid.


Catch!
 The owl smash cake again.
 "Happy Birthday to Dylan..."

 Our attempt at a kid picture.
 Dig in, Dylan!!
 He needed a little help, and didn't enjoy cake being all over his hands.
 Good thing the other kids wanted to help him out.
 Not sure Dylan wanted to share though...
 Present time. Dylan was interested to start, but all of the kids wanted to help, so he backed off and let them do all the work.
 Good boy reading the card first.

 He loved his little rider.
 And the big owl present! Thanks to all my siblings, Dylan loved what was under that great owl.

 Reese in her owl hat with the birthday boy.

Such a fun time!

1 comment:

Jen said...

The party was a hoot! Both my boys were out as soon as they hit the car! I can't believe you have a one year old!!! YAY DYLAN!