Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mr. World Traveler


Almost a year ago, Jonathan asked everyone if they'd be interested in a cruise. Dave and I thought it would be a great idea and lots of fun, AND since it was leaving out of Orlando, we could make a little trip to Disney World as well! I was pretty nervous to bring Dylan on his first plane ride, especially after finding out he had an ear infection and him having diarrhea for about two weeks, but off we went. And Dylan did great! He played a little, slept a little, and played a little more without any crying.


 After being picked up from the airport by my dad and Janet, and a short nap of course, Dave and I decided to walk around downtown Disney. It was a little chillier than we'd hoped for, but Dylan enjoyed seeing all the kids around and fun Disney stuff.


Winnie the Pooh!
 The next day was our Dylan's first Disney adventure at Animal Kingdom. We were so lucky to be joined by Jonathan, Jen, Jackson, and Brayden. We all had a great time.
 Dylan was sleeping at this time, so we watched Jackson and Brayden pet the animals.
 Some of the boys on the train ride.
 The safari. Dylan loved seeing all the animals.

 So Jen made these adorable shirts! The boys looked so cute in them and I want to take Dylan there next year just so he can wear it one more time before he is too big for it! I suppose he'll just have to wear it around the house.
 The only way Dylan will let Papa hold him, I don't know what is with him. But he sure loved playing peek-a-boo with Papa.
 And here they are! I suppose this wasn't the best spot to take their picture since it was a little risky, but they still all look good in their shirts.
 Dylan met Mickey Mouse!! I wasn't sure if he would be afraid, but he loved him. He just looked at him, grabbed his nose, and well...the next picture says it all, he was pretty impressed with Mickey.
 This was Dylan's face of the trip. I don't know where it came from.

 Magic Kingdom! Both a little sad and very excited for this moment...Dylan's first haircut. He was a champ! It was very quick, but I couldn't believe how well he sat and let the lady cut his hair. The stickers were a great distraction!




 And he even earned some Mickey ears.


 There's that face again!



And then on Sunday morning, we all packed up and headed to the port to hop on our first cruise. I wasn't too sure what to expect, but I was excited. The first evening was a little scary for me because the boat really was a-rockin'. I was not feeling so hot and didn't think I was going to make it the next three days. Luckily it settled down from there and I was able to eat again the next day. The first morning we stopped at our first port...
 There wasn't a whole lot to do there, so we got back on the ship pretty quickly.

Dylan did not enjoy being in his stoller too much, so we had to find ways of entertaining him. He was pretty good most of the time, but was definitely out of his element. It didn't help that he seemed to get sicker by the day with a runny nose, cough, and continued diarrhea.
 But we found out he LOVES fries! That was just about the only thing he wanted to eat. Though Dave did get him to eat hot dogs and chicken tenders by dipping them in ketchup...he is his father's son for sure.


 Second port we walked to a beach nearby.
 Dylan did not want anything to do with the water or sand and so decided to take a nap.
 Reese loved the sand.
 And the rest loved the water as well.

 Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite husband ;)

 Blake trying to tell Dylan it was ok and he should enjoy the water.
 And Brayden also giving it a try.
 But Dylan wanted nothing to do with it! Poor kid.
 He just wanted to be in mommy's arms.
 Later this evening there was a little dancing.



 And a nice dinner.

 Dylan's birthday!! I feel bad, but I'm pretty certain Dylan did not have the best birthday. There wasn't much I could do though :(. Dylan had started a little rash the day before, and on his birthday he woke up with it being 10 times worse. It didn't seem to bother him much, but it was very red and all over his body. I knew I wasn't going to stop worrying unless we went to see the doctor. Basically the doctor said it is nothing serious, probably from the sun mixed with the antibiotics he was taking, and it should go away within 4-5 days. While that made me feel a tiny bit better, I still felt so bad for Dylan and just felt unsettled and was ready to go home at this point.
 Each day Dylan got more and more frustrated with being in the stroller, so on his birthday we let him roam free in the auditorium. He loved all the stairs and climbing on everything, so maybe that made his birthday a little better.

Though Dylan was told to stay out of the sun, we thought we could get him to nap in his stroller while Dave, my dad, Janet, and myself played a little mini golf on the top of the ship.
 He didn't fall asleep, but didn't complain much either.



Birthday dinner. I couldn't believe when the waitor put this bread on my plate and Dylan just picked it up and went at it! I don't know why I thought it was so cute.
 Happy Birthday to my little boy!


 Our last night on the ship. Can't wait to head home tomorrow.
It was a nice trip and we had a great time with my family, but I don't think cruises are for me. I'll stick to land vacations from now on.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How can you top THAT 1st birthday!?!?! Disney haircut, TWO Disney parks, a trip out of the country on a HUGE boat! Dylan is one lucky boy! I can't wait to see what you guys dream up for #2's 1st birthday...hope I can join you!

P.S. You got some great pictures!

The Daughetee's said...

Happy Birthday Dylan!