Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fantastic 4 Months

Another great month with our special boy. He makes every day a joy and I'm just loving my family. So let's hear a little about him...


  • As you all know, he is now able to roll from his tummy to his back. He does not do it often, but has done it enough times to say he can roll!

  • He is much stronger on his belly, able to get his shoulders and chest off the floor and look straight ahead, even looks up a little too. Its amazing how much stronger he is with this now.

  • Dylan laughs!! It is so much fun to make him laugh. If you catch him in the right mood, just looking at him with a silly look will make him giggle. He is a little ticklish by his neck and will scrunch up with a sweet giggle. :)

  • He is a pro at grabbing toys now! He is much more entertained on his playmat now and tries to pull the toys right off so he can chew on them. He's also more entertained with the musical toys now.

  • Still sleeps 12 hours a night, lately I've heard him talking and giggling to himself at about 4am, but no crying.

  • Naps are inconsistent, he has been napping better in the morning, about an hour and a half, and then a little shorter in the afternoon, and a short third nap.

  • Eats 4 times a day, now 8 oz bottles. I unfortunately only get 6 oz when I pump at work, so I have been pumping one more time at night to make the bottles.

  • Talking more and more, and now it seems to be squeeling which just makes me laugh.

  • Still doesn't take a pacifer, but I'm still trying. Sucks his thumb occasionally, but not for a long time; he does more chewing on his hands than any sucking.

  • A lot of drooling still, but I don't feel any teeth coming in yet.

  • If he hears me in a room, he'll look all around until he finds me and then gives a great big smile :)

  • Doesn't fit in 3 month clothes anymore, 3-6 months for now, but growing quickly!

  • Size 1 diapers still, but I won't be buying anymore of them. I have a box of 1-2 so we'll see how those fit.

  • He poops out of his diaper about every day or every other day, usually first thing in the morning...such a pain! Then he doesn't usually poop again for the day...in case you wanted to know his pooping schedule!

  • And he loves his mommy and daddy very much!!

Doctor's appointment next Tuesday so stats soon!

4 comments:

Connellys said...

Love the update - he is doing a lot of tricks these days. BUT, what I really want to know is... was that a GIANT donut? Did he get to eat any of it?

Jen said...

He is SO not an infant anymore...he is turning into a little man! Happy 4 months Dylan! You are one sweet little baby!

Kristen & Brad Hoffman said...

wow, 4 months already! He seems like such a fun and happy baby. :) Can't wait to see him again.

John/Janet Foley said...

Hmmmm.... apparently folks just think we don't "stop in " to the blog if we don't drop off a comment on our way through...so here it is.

I got to spend fathers's day with Blake. I must say, that even though I am teased that he cries when I get him, the reality is that he is such happy baby who loves to smile and laugh.

We are going to have SO many fun times ahead and I am sure Dave is going to want to bring him over for the boys camp out!