Monday, August 23, 2010

We're having a baby!

The day we found out, June 14th: Yes, we were trying. That still didn't stop me from being absolutely shocked! A few days before I was suppose to get my period, I was getting my very typical symptoms. I had accepted that we would have to try again next month, and figured I wouldn't even waste a pregnancy test. After five days of only having symptoms of getting my period, I was frustrated that it wouldn't just come and get it over with. I came home from work, and decided I would just take a test. As I sat there waiting for the results, about 30 seconds had passed when I turned and did a double and then triple take. Two lines?? Wait a minute, doesn't that mean.... no way... Dave is going to kill me... we aren't ready for this, what were we thinking... this can't be true.... I wasn't quite thinking rationally yet, my face was flushed and I started pacing the house. I knew Dave was going to be home in about 20 minutes, I called to make sure.

When Dave came home, I asked him to come with me to the bathroom. Dave's thoughts - Oh great, what did I leave out now, how much trouble am I in? I showed him the test and he appeared pretty excited, not nearly as shocked as I was. I quickly stopped him and told him not to get excited, because I was sure it wasn't true. A drive to Walmart and 3 tests later, and I was starting to believe it. How crazy!


Our first doctor's appointment, July 6th: I was very anxious to go to the doctor. I had been having pretty steady spotting (I know, TMI) and was a little concerned. The doctor warned me ahead of time that it was still early, and if we didn't see a heartbeat, that didn't mean there was something wrong. Dave and I were pleasantly surprised that we saw the fluttering of a heartbeat, and a little peanut in my belly! And the doctor wasn't too concerned about the spotting, but had me come back 2 weeks later, and then 2 weeks after that. By that time it had cleared up and I am on the regular 4 week schedule.


Week 8, July 13th: I started taking pictures right away, I won't post them all, because they all are pretty much the same at this point. I can't imagine my belly getting bigger, but I know it will!


Week 12, August 9th: Yes, I am! My lovely sisters were so excited for me to join motherhood, that they would ask me just about everytime I spoke with them if I was pregnant or when I would be, or when I would tell. I decided it would be fun to make this shirt and wear it around them to answer their questions. I also figure when I have the in between belly, I can wear it around so people know I'm pregnant, and not just putting on weight. :)


So today I am 14 weeks pregnant and getting more and more excited everyday. You can count on more frequent posts, as I know this one was a long time coming. To sum up my first trimester of pregnancy....LAZY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and that little peanut!

Connellys said...

Hilarious! And nice picture of the belly. Who knew that hotness was under there? Maybe you should be going around in a sportsbra more often! :)

Jenny said...

I am SO happy for you guys. You are going to be great parents and I am so pumped to read your pregnancy journey as you go through it.

The Bucholz Family said...

Congratulations!!!! This is great and amazing news!!!!

The Matta's said...

We are very excited for you two! Congrats