Today I'm overcoming the crazy and taking a positive spin on things. When life is starting to make me feel like I just can't do it, I took a step back, looked at my kids, and realized they are amazing.
Dylan. Dylan is my most challenging, but also my most brilliant. The other day I went to check on Dylan in his bed, and he's reading a childrens dictionary. I asked him what he was up to and he replies, "I'm going to read this whole book so next year I'll be the smartest second-grader." A few days before he was summarizing a nonfiction book about snakes so he would remember what the book was about. I love that he loves learning and reading.
Charlie. Charlie is my little lover. Today Charlie went with aunt Bev and uncle Mike for his birthday outing. To stay positive I'll only briefly mention that I was disappointed that Dylan was feeling very jealous and being negative about him going because he was going to miss out and wasn't going to get to do anything fun. But Charlie, in true Charlie fashion, suggested a bunch of things that we can do as a family to have fun even though he's not going to be here. Charlie finds the joy in everything, and also wants everyone else to be happy. It melts my heart.
These two boys are so different in so many ways, but he also make life so interesting and rewarding. They make the best big brothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment