Tuesday, May 28, 2013

39W - Dylan's Potty Training




I just love this little guy!!

We took the plunge! Three day potty training! I had been feeling like Dylan was "ready" to be potty trained, but was finding it impossible to find three days that I had free to stay at home and give Dylan my undivided attention. So it was a couple months later than finally found the time to get things started. We told Dylan all about the "Diaper Fairy", stocked the house with rewards, stickers, and m&ms and hoped for the best.

Here are pictures of Dylan in his last diaper! 


The technique with the three day potty training is that you stop diapers and never go back. You don't use pull-ups at naps or night time. The child is never to be asked if they have to go or told to go, you let the child tell you so they learn to know when they have to go and feel in control. You can remind them by saying, "let me know when you have to go to the bathroom." The first three days it is crucial that you catch the child having an accident and run them to the bathroom, no negativity, only encouragement and rewards when do get something in the potty. So off we went...
 
Thursday morning we took off his last diaper and never looked back! I'd say it has gone better than expected. The first day there were two pee accidents that I caught and he finished in the toilet, the second day he had one pee accident when we left the house (broke the rule and left the house!) to go to grandpa's and we were distracted when he said he had to go. And third day no accidents! 

Now I knew it couldn't be as easy as that, but I didn't think it would take a huge turn either. The first three days Dylan pooped on the potty without an issue. The fourth and fifth days he pooped in his undies. So frustrating!! We will get to the bottom of this!

\

No comments: