What an exciting week at the Thommes house! It started with one of my favorite holidays and didn't end there...Dylan is officially in his big boy bed and Charlie is baptized!
It was about a week and a half ago I decided I was just going to give the toddler bed a try. Dylan hasn't been sleeping very well for the past 5-6 weeks and we weren't sleeping because of Charlie. Dylan had been crying when I put him in his crib for naps and for bed and was waking up at night crying and joining us in bed every night, so I figured what could it hurt. To my surprise it has gone very smoothly. My first random attempt was a nap. I went to put Dylan in his crib and as usual he started screaming and crying. I asked him if he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed and he said yes. I set it all up for him and told him that he is not allowed to get out of his bed and that I'd be back to check on him. I was shocked that I didn't hear a peep out of him when I left. When he woke up he just cried for me and didn't get out of his bed...I never thought this would happen! I was so worried about how I was going to get bed rails on his toddler bed...glad I don't have to worry about that anymore! After a week and a half, Dylan has not gotten out of his bed when I have put him in there, but on Sunday he finally decided he could get out of his bed when he woke up from his nap. I was hoping it was a fluke because he heard people in the house for the baptism, but that night he came in our room and asked to come in our bed. I will be putting a gate on his door from now on. Oh, and his reward for staying in his bed...m&ms - they are his favorite candy.
Charlie is still doing well being a baby. The time change has thrown us of a bit though. He was getting up every night at 3:30, now he switched it to 1:30 which I am not all that happy about. I was hoping it would get later, not earlier! Other than that, he continues to be happier and enjoys playing more each day.
If you know me, you know that I love to dress up. And now with two kids (and a husband) I get to dress up myself and them too! With Dylan being so into animals and me, well, lactating, I thought that being Old MacDonald's Farm was perfect. I got my fabrics, brought out my sewing machine, glue gun, scissors and off we went. Dylan made an adorable horse, Charlie the chicken, Dave the farmer, and myself the cow.
Look at all these cousins! So much fun!!
Dylan's first year of really trick-or-treating and he had so much fun doing it. He said "trick-or-treat" at every house and would have stayed out all night doing it I'm pretty sure.
Charlie's big day! Starts with a bath of course by Godmother Sabrina...
With the assistance of Godfather Matt
So sweet!
Big brother Dylan all ready for Charlie's day...and showing off his big boy bed.
Charlie certainly knows the way to Godmother Sabrina's heart...a Disney onsie and Mickey ears!
Charlie definitely made his presence known at the baptism, but he was still my little angel there.
This was his favorite part. I think every parent is worried that their baby will scream at this point in the ceremony. Well, this seemed to calm Charlie.
Charlie is such a lucky boy to have two great Godparents. I know he will be well looked after and guided by to of the best people I know.
First time in the bumbo chair! He seems to like it for a short period of time.
Tummy time....with style!
No comments:
Post a Comment