- Just found yesterday that he is working on two of his pre-molars, left top and bottom.
- He still remains a strange eater, likes something one day, and the next he doesn't; but we have found that if you give him a fork, he will start eating it. He just thinks it is cool to use a fork. He is not very good at it, and needs some help, but its a start. Pictured above and below we let him try to feed himself his yogurt. It certainly kept him entertained for a while. Is it normal that he wants to hold it like that? When do I worry about teaching him the right way?
- Done with bottles! It has probably been about two weeks since he stopped getting bottles, right around 13 months. It happened faster than I thought. The longest transition was taking out the middle one, and still giving him morning and night. I was concerned he wasn't drinking enough, so wanted to keep it that way for a while...I think it was a week. Once he got used to that and started to drink more milk and water with meals and snacks, we cut out the morning and did just two days with only the night bottle. I don't think he ever really needed that to fall asleep, so that wasn't difficult at all. Now we have packed them all up and put them away. I know it won't be for long, but it is nice not have to clean them everyday!
- Dylan knows where his belly is and loves to show you. Its pretty amusing when he has a onsie on and tries so hard to lift his shirt up. He is also fairly accurate when asked where his nose is. He is getting better at finding eyes as well.
- He loves books and flipping through the pages.
- Talking away! Its hard to keep track of what he says. I feel like he tries to repeat a lot of words, but then he may not say that word for another week, so who knows.
- Dylan is still doing great at walking. He has had his share of falls, and always seems to bump his head in the same place! He has been loving this March weather and I playing with his cousins.
I want another day like this!! I can't wait for this summer and to enjoy the last few months of being just a family of three!!
2 comments:
That's the messiest I've ever seen Dylan! But he sure does look happy! He is getting so old!
You got some great pictures! He is getting old so fast! He will get the fork right soon enough!
Post a Comment