Friday, December 16, 2011

10 Months

  • Crawling on hands and knees all the time! Cruising along furniture here and there, but I think he is faster and getting down, crawling over and standing back up so he chooses to do this more. He LOVES his train, but doesn't like to walk with it as much as he likes to put the blocks in the slot. He loves walking chairs around the kitchen or even pushing the laundry basket around.
  • Pincher grasp is most often used when eating, but if the food is slimey or hard to pick up he just grabs it with his whole hand.
  • Waves to everyone....usually after they look away. And I really think he's working on saying hi. He still won't clap though!
  • We're working on saying "more" in sign language. I think he is starting to catch on. I guess I should work on some of the other words too. Next month I'll work on "please."
  • I don't see him standing in his crib much, but I unfortunately found bite marks on the crib rails...ugh. Rail covers are on their way!
  • He has 4 teeth and 5th on the way.
  • He has three 8oz bottles a day, and three food meals a day.
  • Schedule: Wakes between 7-7:30, 8 oz bottle and breakfast, nap 9-9:30, lunch between 11-12, 8oz bottle around 1:30-2, 2:30 nap, 5:00 dinner, 7:00 6-8oz bottle, 7:30 bedtime. Something along those lines....when he is home with me. When he gets woken up at 6:15 things are moved up a little.
  • Takes 2-two hour naps a day, sometimes screams his head off for up to 20-30 minutes and sometimes goes right to sleep.
  • Food: Breakfast is usually fruit, toast, waffle, or yogurt. Lunch is usually fruit and a vegetable. And dinner is when I give him the most finger foods so I can change his clothes if he gets really messy - frozen peas, canned carrots, canned green beans, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, pizza, grilled cheese, pickles, or anything else we're eating. And no more gagging!!
  • Size 3 diapers and 12 months clothes, though I think the diapers are getting small....gotta use them up though.
  • Talks more and more each day. A lot of "mamamama", "dadada", "hhhhh" (hi?), and many more sounds.
  • It would seem that this month Dylan wants to either play with his train, or everything in the house that he is not suppose to play with. Its hard to know where to draw the line. He is just so curious about everything.
  • Stairs! Loves the stairs and he is quick. He mostly wants to go up them, but does know how to come down too. Of course not well enough to leave him alone on the stairs, but he's working on it.
  • He is really getting into his toys and not just taking pieces apart, but trying to put them back in the place as well.
  • Dylan can play by himself a while, but when it gets quiet I know its time to check out what he is doing. Many times I find him in his bathroom with the lights off just playing with his toys.
  • Dylan knows that socks go on his feet and a comb is for his hair. So precious.
Two more months until my little baby is a year old. Where did the time go??





1 comment:

Jenny said...

He is a super fast mover!