Saturday, April 26, 2008

Here it is...

For our anniversary of our first date, we decided to go downtown for the day. I hadn't been to the Shedd Aquarium since grade school, so we went to check it out. It is not all that exciting, but it was nice to just walk around, take our time, and enjoy the day downtown. We stood and looked out the window at the lake. Dave asked if we could go out by the lake for a minute because he loves the water. I would have been happier to go if it was nice out, but the wind was crazy and the closer we got, the colder it got.



Dave was being a little strange, which made me suspicious. I humored him by going by the lake, but it was just too cold and I couldn't stand out there any longer. I asked to go back to the car, and Dave reluctantly agreed. I was nervous I ruined something special, but it was just too darn cold and windy!



Next, Dave told me we were going to the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock, and I was very excited. I had never been in the Hancock!! We got there a little early so went to the lounge (on the 96th floor) to enjoy a glass of wine and a blinding sunset. Still, Dave seemed even more nervous, which was making me nervous.



We then sat down for dinner near the corner so we got two great views (pictures could not really capture it, but I tried). After ordering dinner, it finally happened! Dave got up and sat down next to me. He told me that he was trying to propose all night, wanting to do it outside, somewhere more private, but in the end he realized that it doesn't matter because all he wanted was me. (Awwwww). He asked me to marry him, and I said, "Of course!"

I then was on the phone throughout the entire dinner, but we did get to enjoy a great dessert together.








And here are some more pictures of my beautiful ring...







So everyone get ready for the Wedding - December 13, 2008!!!!!

5 comments:

Connellys said...

Great post!!! Can't wait for the wedding!

Jenny said...

woo hoo for the update. How awesome. Can't wait for the big day!

Jen said...

Very exciting! December is a great month for a wedding. We are pumped!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos and post...thanks for leaving out the part about me being so upset about having to leave the water!!! :)

The Daughetee's said...

Beautiful!!!! I'm very happy for you Car! Can't wait to meet Dave :)